mood:sad...
listening to:Live Like You're Dying (Album Version) by Lenka
What do you say to people who loses their loved one?Its never easy.Mummy woke me up yesterday morning and told me that uncle Yeng Kee has passed away.
I never expected it to be so fast.He was diagnosed with liver cancer after CNY.The last time i saw him was Easter.The last sentence he said to me was "thanks for the prayers".He was thanking everyone he saw for their prayers.He was and is well loved by the people who knew him in church and anywhere else.
He was my Godpa.Not officially but we got close during Christmas play rehearsals in church and he called me his other daughter.One thing i will never forget is the sentence he said to me when he and my Godma(his wife) found out that i got dumped by Secret.He said "you're pretty,before you know it,guys will be chasing after you".It cheered me up instantly.
I will miss finding for him specially at church and giving him a big hug.I will miss him saying "hi darling,you look gorgeous today" or "hi gorgeous,where's mummy?".No matter what kind of bad day i had before i got to church,hearing him say those sentences and getting a huge hug in return from him always cheers me up.
When i saw his body yesterday at the wake,those sentences came back in my head.I literary had to leave the room because i couldn't take it for long.I'm sad for Godma in a way.Both she and Godpa were really close and the most loving couple other than my grandparents and parents that i know of.I didn't know what to say to comfort her at all.She was comforting me instead.
There are never really words to comfort someone who loses their loved one.Just a hug,letting them cry and grieve,i think is the best.
Goodbye Godpa.I'll miss you.I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment